Job vacancy - Mechanical Engineer
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Do you have a Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification? Do you have two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors?
Mechanical Engineer required around Horsham
Salary upto £38,000
Location: around Horsham
The Role of Mechanical Engineer
- Support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials engineering.
- Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Provide input to DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes to enable identification of product risks.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Mechanical Engineer application?
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics, hydraulics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Creo, a product data management tool such as DDM and drawing standards such as BS 8888.
If you would like to learn more about the role Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Mechanical Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Mechanical Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Mechanical Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Mechanical Engineer role you desire.