Job vacancy - Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- Assist with creating designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
- Work with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Assist with developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Liaise with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs.
- Have experience of working within a small, mixed discipline, project design team to produce quality design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Provide support for the production, test and field engineering teams.
- Support the sales teams with bids and quotations.
The Successful Applicant:
- Be innovative with a flair for new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering.
- Have experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures for use in harsh environments - preferably in the defence industry.
- Have proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production.
- Have the ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives bearings and motors.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques.
- Have experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD system.
- Ability to liaise with customers verbally and in writing in an effective manner, producing reports and participating in formal design reviews.
- Be SC Security Cleared.
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Life Cover and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
ACS are recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Mechanical Design Engineer role you desire.