Job vacancy - Manufacturing Engineer
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
The Role of Manufacturing Engineer, you will productionise new products into the manufacturing facility, for PCB assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, and test. Support the extended Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Plated Through Hole (PTH) areas, providing technical expertise, programming, training, guidelines and industry best practices for the process plant and equipment. To drive a LEAN manufacturing culture throughout production, focussing on continuous improvement, yield, efficiency, and reduction of waste.
- Responsible for programming the pick & place machines, selective soldering, re-flow ovens and AOI equipment as well as the training and competency assessment (including Health & Safety) of operatives within production and to maintain accurate records of such training and assessments.
- To perform trial runs of new PCBA designs to support the transition of development projects through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. This will involve interfacing with the Development team and producing prototype reports with recommendations.
- Performance measure equipment for up-time availability, utilisation, and process yield, and ultimately recording of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). To drive continuous improvement through process excellence, plant utilisation and set-up reduction. This includes working with the Production Manager to provide optimised workflow for maximum through-put.
- Responsible for providing set-up, run and total cycle times for all PCBA's to validate costs.
To be successful in this role of Manufacturing Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience in a similar role with a good understanding of best practice in a PCBA environment.
- Good NPI experience with electro-mechanical products.
- Experience of application of DFM, collaborating with design teams.
- LEAN Manufacturing/Six Sigma experience (5S, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), DMAIC, PDCA & VSM).
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Manufacturing Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.