Job vacancy - Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Position: Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Scope of Role:
Work across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products, defining new and support existing processes. Have the capability of positively representing the company to customers and suppliers in a technical capacity.
- Participate in the management of the technical direction, including the implementation and improvement of the NPI procedure.
- Ensure that the department's engineers are fully aware of their areas of responsibility and their objectives, provide them with the necessary support to help them achieve their objectives, and efficiently allocate them to the different projects.
- Working with manufacturing cell leaders, lean co-ordinator and design engineering to improve process efficiencies
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (e.g. 1-piece flow lines, visual factory) to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress; apply (statistical tools and methodologies) where applicable
- Initiate and/or lead improvement projects and CAPEX to enable new process and product introductions.
- Generate and maintain routing/BOM/SOP documentation and "Visual Factory" displays
- Coordinate process tooling design and manufacture
- Take ownership of product and parts obsolescence
- Work with Engineering on product documentation modifications and parts obsolescence
- Provide day-to-day manufacturing engineering support for the production cells to enable customer schedule adherence (Fracas/concessions, change notes or MRB (material review board)
- Leading (suggest changes to and support engineering) and working to ensure the most cost effective manufacturing process flows are defined when introducing new products into operations.
- Pull new products and modified processes into manufacturing/operations
- Mentor for engineers using existing and new manufacturing process.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI) for new product introduction and existing manufacturing resource.
- Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation.
- Project co-ordinator and serve as senior link between design, project management and operations.
- Project manage new product introductions and the manufacture of legacy products from release to production through the product life cycle.
- Mentor for cell leaders for improved methods of manufacturing assembly and test.
- Champion and raise engineering reports (verification & introduction) on potential new process introduction.
Other Responsibilities/Non-essential Functions
- Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role as identified by the role Manager.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests that are made by the role manager/acting manager or Directors.
- At times of reduced department staff attendance there will be a need to be flexible and provide support outside of the normal tasks of the job to ensure customer satisfaction.
- On occasion you maybe required to take on ad hoc duties which includes, but is not limited to training, department associated tasks and brief secondment to other departments.
ACS are recruiting for a Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager role you desire.