Job vacancy - Estimator
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
The role of the Estimator is to ensure highly competitive, carefully resourced, analysed tender costs and preparing quality submissions to clients. To work within Frameworks evaluating negotiated contracts. To be aware of company targets for new orders and aim to better them with profitable successful bids. Assist with budget prices for clients at early stages if time/capacity permits.
- Studying tender documentation & information provided.
- Identify & evaluate risks to be taken by the company that are subject to the tender (senior manager) review.
- Ensuring that tenders are submitted on time & are complete.
- Assessing tenders upon receipt.
Stakeholders & Communication
- Liaison with the client & client designer when required.
- Site visits & discussions with key subcontractors.
- Identify risks or ambiguities & discuss as appropriate with Client/Engineer to start developing a closer working relationship & 'level the playing field'.
- Liaising with other staff for support (Buying, Design, Contracts, QS, Senior Management).
- Liaising with Commercial & Procurement Departments during live contracts.
- Working with the selected designer on D & B contracts.
- Treat all who you interact with equally, with courtesy and respect.
- Willingness to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands.
- Taking off quantities.
- Identifying temporary works design or assessments.
- Evaluating the programme requirements, developing methods of construction & suitable techniques to enable efficient cost effective resource levels to win bids.
- Calculate the net costs of a tender from first principle.
- Handing over successful tenders to Contracts Department upon award.
Key Result Areas
- Time/efficiency - Plan and deliver results to the agreed programme and timescales.
- Client relationship - Be an ambassador for the company & maintaining satisfied clients.
- Quality - Promote a 'right 1st time' approach to the delivery of agreed specifications and standards.
- Team Work - Willingness to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- HNC in Civil Engineering or NVQ Level 6 in Construction or equivalent (desirable)
Skills & knowledge
- Impeccable communication skills as this role will involve extensive communication with colleagues & stakeholders in the tender production
- Detailed knowledge & understanding of tendering & procurement processes
- Work well under pressure & work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Ability to balance workload, prioritise and organise work
- Knowledge of compliance with health, safety & environmental legislation
- Effective influencing & communication skills
- A logical, organised and understanding individual who can deal with responsibility and make effective decisions
- Able to work at high concentration levels, under pressure & maintain quality standards
- Networking & building positive relationships
ACS are recruiting an Estimator If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Estimator please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a an Estimator It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a an Estimator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the an Estimator role you desire.