Job vacancy - Transport Planner
Position: Transport Planner
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Role of the UK Domestic Planner has excellent future career prospects and the chance of advancement. The UK Domestic Planner role also includes to work within a successful and dynamic company.
As the UK Domestic Planner, you will be responsible for monitoring the day to day running of all vehicles, planning, and adjusting, where necessary, to ensure the daily plan in place is carried out in the most cost-effective method to provide the best possible service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure legislative compliance where applicable, and that driver's hours and WTD rules are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the Company and its representatives, operate within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements, including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
- Arrange with approved haulers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and ensure all customer requirements are specified and met. Confirm these arrangements by email and Control Board
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse department for loading/off-loading cargo, in a timely manner. Ensure all consignments are input to TPN system and the necessary labels are produced
To be successful in this role of UK Domestic Planner you would've worked previously in a logistics and commercial transport background.
We would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Running of all vehicles in the Road Freight Industry.
- UK and Ireland geography, planning skills, and route times.
- Knowledge of driver's hours and WTD rulings
If you feel that you have all the skills for the UK Domestic Planner position, please apply for the role with your CV, and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.