Job vacancy - Supplier Quality Engineer
Position: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 per annum
Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Goods-In Inspectors and guidelines, ensuring FAIRS are conducted accordingly as per customer requirements. They will manage customer/supplier returns and follow-ups (reports), manage and maintain supplier databases (audits and scorecards), and manage the calibration of the equipment.
- Managing and performing Goods-In inspection activities, including monitoring and controlling ship to stock practices.
- Conducting First Article Inspections and creating customer FAIRs based on AS9102.
- Managing calibration system. Ensuring that all items are calibrated promptly, to the correct standards and using external calibration providers as appropriate.
- Supporting new product launches to ensure that supplier quality matters are determined and implemented.
- Attending external (supplier/customer) meetings as required, to advise about quality-related matters and action/communicate instructions.
Key Requirements of Supplier Quality Engineer:
- HNC / HND, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec or Higher Professional Diploma, or NVQ level 4 qualifications or equivalent
- Experience within a similar role, dealing with suppliers/customers.
- Experience of working within Quality Assurance.
- Substantial experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace
- Working experience within a highly regulated industry (Automotive / Aerospace / Medical)
- Working experience with creating ISIR and FAIR inspections, as well as using quality tools such as 8D, 5WHY, FISHBONE diagrams
- Strong ability to interpret drawings and technical documents.
- Strong knowledge of measurement techniques and using basic CMM machines.
- Strong knowledge of metrology, inspection method and equipment
- Excellent skills to use the Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of ISO9001
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8 am-4.30 pm and Friday 8 am-1.30 pm
ACS are recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Supplier Quality Engineer submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Supplier Quality Engineer role you desire.