Job vacancy - Supplier Quality Development Engineer
Position: Supplier Quality Development Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The Role of Supplier Quality Development Engineer, you will be a key member of the Quality Assurance Team responsible for establishing, maintaining, and executing the supplier quality system, with appropriate policies and procedures to govern supplier quality performance and supplier metrics. As the Supplier Quality Development Engineer will work with Suppliers, Purchasing, Product Managers, Operations, and Supply Chain to drive improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products. Working with these groups to drive continuous design and process-related improvements with externally sourced suppliers. Implement processes for identifying suppliers for development.
- Management of supplier quality issues raised by the Suppliers, Purchasing, Product Managers, Operations, and customers through NCR and Customer Complaints processes.
- Working with suppliers to ensure quality problems are effectively Contained and Root Cause analysis conducted using appropriate problem-solving tools, including 8D, 5-Whys, Fishbone, and DOE.
- Ensure effective CAPA is implemented to prevent reoccurrence, including horizontal deployment across other product lines.
- Develop proactive quality plans with suppliers and promote a zero-defect culture that reduces the need for upstream inspection and testing activities.
- Develop positive relationships with internal and external 'customers' including Suppliers, Purchasing, Product Managers, Operations, and Supply Chain service ensuring customer requirements are understood and achieved.
- Plan, conduct, and fully document part approvals on new and changed parts to ensure compliance with the drawing specification.
To be successful in this role of Supplier Quality Development Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Previous experience in a supplier quality engineer role.
- Experience in dealing with a supplier base.
- Experience in dealing with certification bodies and maintaining ISO9001 accreditation.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Supplier Quality Development Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.