Job vacancy - Senior Buyer
Position: Senior Buyer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
The Senior Buyer will report to the Group Purchasing and Operations Manager and will support the procurement team to achieve departmental and organisational goals. The main focus of the role will be electronics buying, primarily sourcing components to support the launch of new products and to ensure continuity of supply for existing product ranges. This is varied role which also includes establishing and developing the Indirect procurement activities for the organisation.
- Lead electronics sourcing required for timely launch of new products, whilst working in closely with stakeholders to support the NPD process.
- Manage sourcing and inventory levels for complex electronics redesign projects, working with Production and Design in line with the Engineering Change Request process.
- Support existing Buyer to resolve component shortages to ensure continuity of supply for existing product ranges.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of strategic stock consistent within inventory management guidelines.
- Review and maintain electronics component risk register and ensure risks are clearly communicated and mitigation actions are taken.
- Provide procurement support for reshoring and reengineering projects to increase efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Manage tender projects and lead negotiations in key areas of spend to achieve best value for money for the organisation.
We would love to speak to anyone for the Senior Buyer position who has the following experience:
- Electronics buying experience
- 3 years+ experience in a procurement role
- Indirect procurement experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing organisations
ACS are recruiting for a Senior Buyer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Senior Buyer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Senior Buyer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Senior Buyer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Senior Buyer role you desire.