Job vacancy - HSE Advisor
Position: HSE Advisor
Location: Newton Abbot
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
As the Health, Safety & Environment Advisor you will promote a positive health and safety culture by preventing accidents, injuries & health problems within' the business and establishing standards and processes advising business leaders on all aspects concerning Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Support the Group HSE Manager in the development and implementation of effective policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and develop a safe workplace without risk to health and impact on the natural environment.
- Coaching the wider operations team in order for the team to be able to complete and review risk and method statements for all work undertaken
- Maintaining a contractor/supplier management system in order to effectively manage risk associated with their undertakings.
- To manage all aspects of environmental management including waste streams, ISO certification, permit requirements and pollution control.
- Ensure all required inspections are undertaken and maintained including fire risk assessment, Legionella and all other thorough examinations required on site.
- Support and Lead HSE meetings in coordination with the site leadership team on site with a view to monitor and improve HSE performance on site.
- Support the Group HSE Manager & the site Head of Operations by being a key facilitator and encourage continual improvement on site in regards to HSE provision.
To be successful in this role of Health, Safety & Environment Advisor we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Have a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Have the ability in dealing with Environmental and/or H&S investigations
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and being able to build relationships throughout various levels of the organisation.
- Have experience of formulating, implementing and managing Environment and H&S policies and procedures.
- Experience in undertaking and being audited to ISO14001:2015.
ACS are recruiting for an HSE Advisor. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an HSE Advisor, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an HSE Advisor. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an HSE Advisor with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the HSE Advisor role you desire.