Job vacancy - Buyer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
As the Buyer you will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and working in a busy and dynamic department. The Projects Buyer is primarily accountable for ensuring material flow from subcontract manufacturing suppliers, through stores and to production and will support the business by providing quick and well-considered purchasing solutions.
- Work with key subcontract manufacturers to manage fabrication throughput.
- Send out technical drawings and obtain quotes / best prices.
- Manage loading on subcontract manufacturers to ensure capacity is reserved and a steady flow of work is available to them, to establish good working partnerships.
- Raise purchase orders, internal work orders and sub-contract orders via MRP in line with demand; highlighting lead time conflicts effectively.
- Ensure on time delivery of subcontracted parts.
- Work with subcontractors to overcome technical issues. Obtain support from engineering where necessary.
- Escalate any delivery which may delay sales or production ahead of time so timely feedback can be provided to the customer.
- Run purchasing reports and produce data for analysis as per purchasing quality procedure (QP7) requirements.
- Maintain the MRP system in line with demand, i.e., re-order level updates, lead time updates, supplier updates etc.
- Highlight data management deficiencies and proposals to remedy.
- Process ECRs to ensure day to day production is kept on track, and stock is ordered where required.
- Expedite overdue/urgent deliveries required for production/aftersales, this should be prioritised by understanding production and aftersales demand and deadlines via the ERP system.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities within' the department as required.
To be successful in this role of Buyer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Professional purchasing qualification (CIPS), working towards it or desire to work towards it
- Experience within a fast-paced purchasing role
- Manufacturing and/or engineering sector experience
- Experience of sub-contract buying and management
- Understanding of MRP principles and good practical knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to source parts to meet urgent production demand, chase order confirmations and deliveries
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required for data set management and manipulation.
ACS are recruiting for a Buyer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Buyer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Buyer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Buyer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Buyer role you desire.