Job vacancy - Junior Product Developer
Position: Junior Product Developer
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
As the Junior Product Developer, you will work within' the design team reporting directly to the design manager. They are looking for someone who wants to join their friendly and experienced team, working in a fast-paced commercial environment to grow and support their product range. The role offers an exciting opportunity for someone to work within their design team during a time of exceptional growth.
- Develop light fixtures (fulfilling the brief), from concepts and prototypes to supplier and in house assembly and production ensuring cost targets are met. Working closely with the creative director and design manager.
- Work to their milestone planner, project managing the product development, on time production and cost targets whilst ensuring quality.
- Work with other departments on the supplier negotiations, delivering on a prototype and identifying opportunities for value engineering.
- Ensure a commercially viable product through pragmatic problem solving, product engineering and design revisions.
- Support their assembly facility with production, quality controls, supply chain and logistics in the development and implementation of new products prior to launch.
- Product and revise assembly and manufacturing 2D / 3D documents ensuring they correctly meet standards with associated tolerances.
- Manage and ensure products are delivered on time to the high standards required for new product marketing productions, photoshoots, and filming.
- Design, co-ordinate and deliver with marketing national and international trade shows or other marketing events, liaising with stand builders, event organisers, service suppliers and other internal / external stakeholders.
- Support the design and team and other departments on customised product enquires working on proposals, costs and technical documents for assembly and manufacturing.
- Any other duties to support the design team or the business as and when required.
To be successful in this role of Junior Product Developer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Degree in product design, furniture design or equivalent
- Minimum three years' relevant experience in lighting production design or product development role and in manufacturing environment
- knowledge of lighting and the interiors industry
- Experience of leasing with other departments, factories and suppliers
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks), Adobe (Photoshop/ InDesign/ Illustrator), MS office (MS Excel, word)
- Strong project management and efficient planning skills
- Knowledge of lighting and international standards (UL, CE, CB)
- Have a full clean driving license
ACS are recruiting for a Junior Product Developer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Junior Product Developer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Junior Product Developer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Junior Product Developer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Junior Product Developer role you desire.