Job vacancy - Senior SHE Advisor
Position: Senior SHE Advisor
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
The Senior SHE Advisor will be reporting directly to the SHE Manager. You will work within a dynamic workforce that prides itself on a culture of safety first. You will be an expert and guru at the centre of all health, safety and environmental topics across the business and will have the autonomy to influence employees across all levels of seniority to drive the right value for safety excellence. The key activities include assessment of risk, identifying opportunities for improvement, the implementation of changes in practices, risk management controls, carrying out training to increase knowledge and awareness, preventing injury or illness to all employees and anyone else affected by our site activities.
- Provide accurate and effective support to all personnel and management
- Promote best practice and continual improvement within departments
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, health and environmental legislation in Company's manufacturing site located in Todmorden as well as the service centre in Rochdale
- Maintain and Improve the Health and Safety Management System in line with ISO 45001: 2018 requirements
- Maintain and Improve the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015 requirements
- Maintain and Improve the SHE Management System in Todmorden and Rochdale
- Conduct accident and incident investigations, implement corrective or preventive actions and provide relevant guidance as necessary
- Ensure risk assessments are undertaken within the business, facilitate timely review and accurate
- Encourage, coach and promote the development of SHE skills and knowledge within leadership, management and operational teams
To be successful in this role of Senior SHE Advisor we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Environmental background is preferable
- Extensive experience with Environmental consent and permits, comprehensive knowledge on environmental and health and safety legislation in the UK
- Experience of Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- IEMA Certificate / Membership or equivalent is desirable
- Good Presentation and reporting Skills and experience
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor workforce and senior stakeholders
- Excellent IT Skills. Extensive knowledge and experience with Office 365 applications.
- Experience in training delivery for Health and Safety and Environment topics
- Full UK driving license. The ability to travel to / from other sites and undertake occasional overnight stays are a requirement of the role as is occasional night working.
- Flexibility to provide SHE support and cover for a manufacturing facility working across three shifts.
ACS are recruiting for a Senior SHE Advisor. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Senior SHE Advisor, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Senior SHE Advisor. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Senior SHE Advisor with your application as this will enhance