Job vacancy - Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer
Position: Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
The successful Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing and the application of sealing solutions, and polymeric valve products within the Fluid Management business line to customer applications.
This role involves;
- Engage with customers during various phases of the sales cycle to deeply understand their specific design requirements and provide them with class-leading solutions.
- Design and develop bespoke fluid handling products alongside the product manager and in line with product line strategy.
- Take a leadership role in design validation and qualification testing, planning research and development efforts, and managing sub-contracted resources
- Works closely with internal and customer engineers/technical teams to help optimise material and design elements needed for optimum sealing conditions such as: lubricant, materials, fluid level, shaft and housing hardness, surface finish, tolerance, chamfer, eccentricity, etc.
To be successful in this role of Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Demonstrable understanding of sealing design parameters such as temperature impact, friction, closing force, load direction and physical/mechanical properties.
- Excellent understanding and experience of engineering design, modelling and simulation software, such as AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.
- Knowledge of DFMEA and similar structured approaches.
- Experience in seal designing, material selection, and seal testing is preferred.
- Experience in high temperature polymers (PTFE, PFA, PEEK) is a plus.
ACS are recruiting for a Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Hybrid Sealant Applications Engineer role you desire.