Job vacancy - Product Safety Engineer
Position: Product Safety Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
The successful Product Safety Engineer you will be responsible for delivering Product Safety engineering activities, documentation, and outputs to support Engineering Projects under the direction of the Head of Product Safety or the Engineering Director.
This role involves;
- Provide Product Safety knowledge and expertise for multiple defense projects.
- Deliver Product Safety documentation, facilitating related activities such as HAZID workshops and risk assessments.
- Support Engineering Change Requests concerning their impact on Product Safety.
- Generate Product Safety Statements in response to Issues and Occurrences.
- Respond to Non-Conformances and Customer Complaints with Product Safety considerations.
- Contribute to Product Safety Meetings and Boards.
- Support continuous improvement of Product Safety processes and activities.
- Participate in safety audits internally and externally.
To be successful in this role of Product Safety Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Understanding of Product Safety Management and Engineering Principles.
- Ability to operate within a Product Safety Management System with minimal supervision.
- Capability to conduct and manage Hazard Risk Identification & Management.
- Proficiency in safety risk evaluation processes integrated with the system engineering process.
- Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Experience in Flight Equipment or general aircraft design and certification.
- Completed education/training of AS9100, EASA Part 21 Subpart G & J, and UK MAA DAOS.
- Working knowledge of Def Stan 00-56, Mil Stan 882, and the ALARP Principles.
ACS are recruiting for a Product Safety Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Product Safety Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Product Safety Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Product Safety Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Product Safety Engineer role you desire.