Job vacancy - Fabrication Manager
Position: Fabrication Manager
Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
You will also be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Lead by setting a good example.
- Act as an interface between the team and others in the business.
- Clear delivery of key messages to the team (including explanation of any goals, plans and roles).
- Manage any recruitment for the team with the assistance of HR.
- Manage and conduct appraisal process with all permanent team members.
- Manage capability and conduct issues with the assistance of HR.
- Absence management with company policy; to include sickness and annual leave.
- Promote and drive continuous improvement within the teams.
- Responsible for HSE compliance and improvement activities for the Team.
Team Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure final product meets quality standards and customer specifications.
- Operation and control of bead blasting equipment, ensuring relevant jobs are completed to set deadlines.
- Carrying out works order operations as detailed.
- Notify Housing Projects team of any issues that may prevent any set deadlines being met either for internal or subcontract work.
- Completion of works orders and location (both physically and on EFACS).
- Operation of automated welding processes.
- Operation of sheet rolling equipment.
- Production of housings and transfer to stage inspection.
- Continuous improvement or manufacturing methods for standard housing designs.
- Developing manufacturing methods for special housings.
- Involvement in equipment maintenance.
The successful candidate will find this an interesting and challenging position and will require the below essential criteria to be considered for this role:
- Experience of working within an Engineering Workshop.
- Experience of and ability to read Engineering Drawings.
- Demonstrable supervisory or people management experience.
- Experience of employee performance management.
- Organisational Skills - personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills - leading the team, managing diverse personalities and points of view with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others.
ACS are recruiting for a Fabrication Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Fabrication Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Fabrication Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Fabrication Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Fabrication Manager role you desire.